Tuesday 15 February 2011

My fashion and lifestyle illustration project #3




Today I really felt that all my ideas had vanished from my head and needed to rethink my strategy for my french fashion/lifestyle illustration project. after doing a little research today, I have become very fond of Rene Gruau, A renowned fashion illustrator who settled in paris in 1924 and started his extraordinary journey into fashion illustration.  From 1935 to 1939, he worked with Femina, marie-claire, L’OFFICIEL, L’ALBUM DU FIGARO and other magazines.



In 1946, he did his first job for INTERNATIONAL TEXTILES, whose covers he designed until 1984.
In 1947, his friend Christian DIOR entrusted him with drawing the MISS DIOR advertisement and the famous Bar dress. the New Look was born.
In 1948, he left for the United States to work for HARPER’S BAZAAR and VOGUE, before becoming the exclusive artist for FLAIR.
In 1949, he devoted his time to advertising: ROUGE BAISER, LIDO, MOULIN ROUGE, BEMBERG, BLIZZAND.
Between 1950 and now, he has worked for the greatest names in Haute Couture: BALMAIN, FATH, BALENCIAGA, GIVENCHY, ROCHAS. whilst continuing to produce fashion drawings for ELLE, VOGUE, FRANCE, MADAME FIGARO and L’OFFICIEL DE LA COUTURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment